I got this instant coupon when I purchased something for a client the other day. I just now looked at it and saw the “Not valid on” clause…. I guess we all know what Staples low margin items are….
EconTalk Capitalism, Government, and the Good Society
original audio source:
My speedy version:
On April 10, 2013, Liberty Fund and Butler University sponsored a symposium, “Capitalism, Government, and the Good Society.” The evening began with solo presentations by the three participants–Michael Munger of Duke University, Robert Skidelsky of the University of Warwick, and Richard Epstein of New York University. (Travel complications forced the fourth invited participant, James Galbraith of the University of Texas, to cancel.) Each speaker gave his own interpretation of the appropriate role for government in the economy and in our lives. This was followed by a lively conversation on the topic moderated by Russ Roberts of Stanford University, host of the weekly podcast, EconTalk. A video of the event along with other materials is available at http://www.econtalk.org/archives/2013/09/capitalism_gove.html .
You really would have a difficult time grasping how hard this is for me to wrap my mind around. Charles Krauthammer says a lot of things from his bully pulpit at the Washington Post, but it really never makes sense. For him to write a whole editorial that is pinned so fiercely to reality is mind boggling. This is the economists to gladly ignores all of reality to beat the drum of Keynesian enconomics and wishful socialism.
The United States has already radically cut carbon dioxide emissions — more than any country on earth since 2006, according to the International Energy Agency. Emissions today are back down to 1992 levels.
And yet, at the same time, global emissions have gone up. That’s because — surprise! — we don’t control the energy use of the other 96 percent of humankind. Continue reading
- Margaret Thatcher: How I Privatised Britain and Rebooted the “Enterprise Society”, from Reason.com by Margaret Thatcher
- Reason’s Pivotal Role in the Thatcher Revolution, from Reason.com by John Blundell
- How Margaret Thatcher, the Iron Lady, saved Britain, from Wintery Knight by Wintery Knight
- How Thatcher Liberated Western Europe, from Reason.com by Matt Welch
- How Margaret Thatcher Brought Economic Freedom to Britain, from Reason.com by Ira Stoll
- Easter Life and the Facts of History, from The Constructive Curmudgeon by Douglas Groothuis, Ph.D.
- If Dead Men Don’t Rise, from Challies Dot Com – Informing the Reforming by Tim
- Free: Essential Apologetics PowerPoint Series, from Apologetics 315 by email@example.com (Brian Auten)
- The Unbeliever Knows God: Presuppositional Apologetics and Atheism, from J.W. Wartick -“Always Have a Reason” by J.W. Wartick
- What the Law-Keeper Cries to the Gospel-Lover, from Challies Dot Com – Informing the Reforming by Tim
- A Moral Argument Against Darwinism, from The Constructive Curmudgeon by Douglas Groothuis, Ph.D.
Other/In the News:
- Why I’m Teaching My Son To Break the Law, from Reason.com by J.D. Tuccille
- When Josh Harris Slapped Me Across the Face, from Challies Dot Com – Informing the Reforming by Tim
- A to Z with C.S. Lewis: S is for The Sexes, from The City Online » Lou Markos by Lou Markos
- What’s Worse than Horse Slaughter?, from Reason.com by Steve Chapman