China has been successfully “cheating” communism by being capitalistic on the side, building the second largest economy in the world while quietly suppressing liberties. Have the limited capitalism that has brought China such huge financial success finally started to push against the communism of the Party? I’ve been watching this develop for years. Will China be the first country in history to be both communist and financially stable, or will the two ideologies of capitalism (Freedom) and communism finally be forced into the inevitable showdown?
Marco Tedaldi asked me:
Did you ever wonder why there are no big, colorful statistics on the positive impact on crime and crimefighting? I am constantly wondering… and also, why despite that a lot of money is thrown in that direction.
Is it really all about fighting crime?
I am ashamed to answer, “No, I had not thought of that.” But, we all should have!
- Margaret Thatcher: How I Privatised Britain and Rebooted the “Enterprise Society”, from Reason.com by Margaret Thatcher
- Reason’s Pivotal Role in the Thatcher Revolution, from Reason.com by John Blundell
- How Margaret Thatcher, the Iron Lady, saved Britain, from Wintery Knight by Wintery Knight
- How Thatcher Liberated Western Europe, from Reason.com by Matt Welch
- How Margaret Thatcher Brought Economic Freedom to Britain, from Reason.com by Ira Stoll
- Easter Life and the Facts of History, from The Constructive Curmudgeon by Douglas Groothuis, Ph.D.
- If Dead Men Don’t Rise, from Challies Dot Com – Informing the Reforming by Tim
- Free: Essential Apologetics PowerPoint Series, from Apologetics 315 by firstname.lastname@example.org (Brian Auten)
- The Unbeliever Knows God: Presuppositional Apologetics and Atheism, from J.W. Wartick -“Always Have a Reason” by J.W. Wartick
- What the Law-Keeper Cries to the Gospel-Lover, from Challies Dot Com – Informing the Reforming by Tim
- A Moral Argument Against Darwinism, from The Constructive Curmudgeon by Douglas Groothuis, Ph.D.
Other/In the News:
- Why I’m Teaching My Son To Break the Law, from Reason.com by J.D. Tuccille
- When Josh Harris Slapped Me Across the Face, from Challies Dot Com – Informing the Reforming by Tim
- A to Z with C.S. Lewis: S is for The Sexes, from The City Online » Lou Markos by Lou Markos
- What’s Worse than Horse Slaughter?, from Reason.com by Steve Chapman
I saw this at Eternity Matters, and had to reshare it:
Let’s take a look at the differences and similarities between purchasing a gun and purchasing an abortion.
Both guns and abortions are goods or services which are produced and purchased on the free market.
When a gun is purchased, there’s a 99% chance that gun will never result in the death of a single individual. When an abortion is purchased, there is a 99% chance the abortion will result in the death of an individual.
My tax dollars aren’t used to purchase a gun for someone who can’t afford it. My tax dollars are used to purchase an abortion for a woman or a girl who can’t afford it. Continue reading